Q. I'm now living overseas. Why can't I simply apply to my pension provider to cash up my UK pension?

A. You can do but you are likely to need to pay New Zealand tax at your marginal rate as the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department deem this to be a receipt of overseas income. There is potentially some relief for this although this is a complex area of tax and you should consult a tax advisor.


No Very

Captcha Image